BP Models Forum Index BP Models
Scale AFVs

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trumpeter 1/700 USS West Virginia BB-48 1941
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill Plunk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:41 pm    Post subject: WIP 07-30-16 Reply with quote

The final lap was completed today involving the stern railings and the installation of the Kingfishers. The Tom's set doesn't include enough railings to use all of the same type all the way around the ship and I deliberately decided to use one style for the forward bow sections and another similar, but shorter gaps between the stanchions, style for the stern so that it would at least look symmetrical. The stern sections run a little longer in spots but also have to curve a bit more so it worked out in the end. Same procedure as with the bow railings, I cut sections as needed and installed them individually one side at a time.

Once the railings were in place, I added the markings decals to the Kingfishers. The supplied roundels aren't 100% accurate, they include the white bars and don't have the red center dot, so I removed the white bars and added just the circular blue and white star combos. I toyed with trying to add the red dot but given how small these are, I decided that was more trouble than it was worth in the end.

I did a couple of overall shots to check for any issues as well. I will let it sit overnight and do some walkarounds with the camera to see if I overlooked anything before calling it well and truly done.

Bill Plunk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:07 pm    Post subject: Completion 07-31-16 Reply with quote

After letting it sit for a bit and making some small adjustments in spots, it was time for the Wee Vee to set sail! Definitely a 'stretch my horizons' type of build as my first 1/700 scale ship, hope you enjoy!

Bill Plunk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:58 pm    Post subject: Publication 12-19-16 Reply with quote

This project is also featured in the December 2016 Pearl Harbor 75th Anniversary issue of Military Modelling magazine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BP Models Forum Index -> Build Logs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: