Meng 1/72 F-102A (Case X) (2015)

Bill Plunk

Completion 12-15-2015

Post by Bill Plunk »

Got the final details squared away on this project today. First up was sealing in all the decals with an airbrushed coat of Future. After that had dried, I redid the pin wash treatment for the panel lines that the decals had obscured. The biggest area of course was the tail so I made sure it was very well sealed to avoid any issues there.

The needle nose pitot tube was added along with the wing tanks as the last little items needing installation. Then a dose of MM Lusterless Flat to knock down the remaining Future shine and tie everything together.

Masking tape came off the canopy to round things out.

Then it was off to the photo booth for some walk-around shots. one of the downsides to the angles on both portions of the canopy is that they conspire with the Future to be very reflective. No matter how I tried, I couldn't get a shot where they both showed up crystal clear. There's zero fogging on the canopy, it's just the optics at work with the lighting and background. ;)

Bill Plunk

Special Delivery!

Post by Bill Plunk »

I had the distinct honor of presenting this model to my good friend Jim Volker to honor the service of his father, Fred Volker. Jim had this picture of his dad sitting proudly in the cockpit of his F-102 so it's only fitting that the two be paired up. :)