Bronco 1/35 Seehund Type XXVIIB/B5 Midget Submarine (2014)

Bill Plunk

WIP 12-13-2014

Post by Bill Plunk »

I suppose it's fitting that today's date has a certain symmetry to it (12-13-14) for another update!

Bronco did an excellent job with providing a lot of detail in their moldings so it was time to get some of that to pop. I applied a pin wash of MM enamel Burnt Umber using a pointed 10/0 brush to do the trick.

After the pin wash was down, I went back over the different areas with the same brush and some clean thinner and tightened up the effect.

Just about ready to seal this one up and add the final touches to complete it.
Bill Plunk

Completion 12-15-2014

Post by Bill Plunk »

Put the finishing touches on the little Seehund today. First up was the main propeller, it had been airbrushed with MM non-buffing Metalizer Brass earlier and now got a light wash of Burnt Umber to give it a bronzed look prior to installation.

The entire boat got a sealing coat treatment using Testors MM Lusterless Flat in the spray can.

The base received its PE plaque courtesy of the Bronco fret. I used some rubbing alcohol and a q-tip to remove any fingerprints/release agents so it would stay nice and shiny over the long term. Glued in place with CA to round that out.

Last but not least, the clear bubble top for the conning tower was added using very careful applications of liquid glue. I lightly polished the dome with a cotton cloth and handled it with tweezers to avoid any finger prints/smudges on it as well.

Then it was off to the photo-both for the walk around completion shots.

Bill Plunk

Publication January 2017

Post by Bill Plunk »

This build is also featured in the January 2017 issue of FineScaleModeler Magazine.