Dragon Sdkfz 181 Pzkpfw VI (P) Tiger (2009)

Bill Plunk

Completion 12-09-2009

Post by Bill Plunk »

My wife has had Christmas concerts all this week which has left me "home alone" in the evenings, so I broke my usual rule about only working on the weekends and managed to get this one done.

The remaining work involved applying pigments to the tracks and suspension, this was done using a 50-50 mix of Mig Dark Mud and Europe Dust pigments. The pigments were combined with water (with a drop of dish soap added to break the surface tension) and applied as a wet mixture with a brush and allowed to air dry.

I used a square tip stiff bristled brush to remove excess pigment and then went to work with some wet and dry q-tips to further fine tune the look.

The last remaining detail was the addition of the brass 2m antenna rods to the rear hull. These were glued in place with CA gel and once set, were painted with Non-buffing Metalizer Gunmetal.

With that final item taken care of, it was off to the photo booth for the walk-around shots.

Bill Plunk

Publication April 2010

Post by Bill Plunk »

This build has been published in Scale Military Modeller International's April 2010 Issue on pp. 40-41.